How did you meet/propose/marry?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: How did you meet/propose/marry?

Post  Kyles_princess on 2nd December 2008, 2:29 pm

I know how you feel. I told him the only thing i wanted was for him to come home on exodus but i dont think he's going too. He says it's to much money to come home for that short time that its not worth it. Which kinda makes me mad cause it kinda makes me think that it aint worth it to him that he gets to see me but whatever i cant make him come home.

Kyles_princess

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-11-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nackak2333 on 2nd December 2008, 3:05 pm

well that sucks! I remember a year ago when Aaron was in OSUT and his Christmas Exodus came up...he REFUSED to stay there and was set on coming home, no matter what it took. But then his time at home was drama-filled and he said he wished he would have stayed there.

I would be kinda upset to about him not coming home...cuz if Aaron told me that it was too much money for such a short time and it's not worth it...I would kick him in his head! There's no such thing as too short of a time when you only have a few days here and a few days there with your significant other. Any time you get together is precious! Man, I flew up to Iowa for "only" 4 days to see Aaron but he was also deploying so it was going to be a long time before I saw him again.

Does he come home after OSUT? And does he get to see you tons then? Cuz he better if he's passing up Christmas Exodus (which for Aaron was like 2 weeks, is his not that long?)...or could be surprising you by coming home but not telling you? Just throwing out ideas...lol
Nackak2333

Female
Number of posts : 45

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyles_princess on 2nd December 2008, 3:13 pm

I hope he comes home after oust he graduates on Jan. 30th but said he may not get to come home. He may not have time between graduation and having to be at his station. I dont know how long his is. Mad See the thing is that He doesnt tell me these things!!!!! Mad Which kinda makes me mad cause if he wants this to work he has to learn to tell me stuff! I agree though no time is to little to see him when you havent seen each other in a long time. and i know compared to some of yall it hasnt been that long but really. I guess it hurts my feelings more than anything. As for surprising me i have no clue but im guessin no cause he said if he got to come home after graduation he'd call and we could hang out. Oh! and i havent gotten a letter in like two weeks so im totally lost i have no clue whats going on!

Kyles_princess

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nackak2333 on 2nd December 2008, 5:00 pm

oh gosh...don't feel too badly...Aaron doesn't tell me much either. I have to ask him over and over or ask someone else or just go without an answer. He doesn't offer information very willingly, even if I ask for it.

don't stress too much about the letter. When Aaron was in OSUT, I sent a letter or card EVERY DAY...except Sunday of course..haha. Now, he obviously didn't have the same time I had to write so I didn't hear from him as often and there were times where I would get 2 or 3 in a day and then times when I wouldn't get one for like a week or 2. It just depends on what they're doing. I know they went one little mock missions and he couldn't write because they were "out in the field". So don't stress too much about that.
Nackak2333

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyles_princess on 2nd December 2008, 5:14 pm

Thanks Girl! i dont think im stressin about the letter as much as im having a bad day and i wish i could talk to him and i cant and its making me upset and as my therapist says "fixating" on something.lol. i just really miss him and its been a rough day so it'll be better tomm im sure

Kyles_princess

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nackak2333 on 2nd December 2008, 5:16 pm

oh man those are the worst...I had a crappy weekend and all I wanted to do was talk to Aaron cuz he's the one I call when I have a bad day or need cheering up. That's the first time since he deployed that I felt a STRONG need to talk to him...so I just e-mailed him and told him about my weekend..that's the best I could do.

Well, I hope your day tomorrow is better!
Nackak2333

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyles_princess on 2nd December 2008, 5:36 pm

Yea i know how that is. My stress level is up we are redecorating my room and my parents and i are about to kill each other its just been one of those days like you said where you really need to talk to them and it just sucks that we cant

Kyles_princess

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Killer on 2nd December 2008, 5:43 pm

We met at Target. Lol, we both worked there. I love you

Killer

Female
Number of posts : 42

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/zapped_idiot

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain on 4th December 2008, 9:33 pm

This is gonna be SUPER long!

Met: My cousin introduced me to Ronnie's former roommate, thinking we'd end up together. Roommate and I exchanged numbers and whenever Q (former roommate) and I would talk on the phone, Ronnie would be in the background screaming obnoxiously or doing something stupid. Before I even spoke to Ronnie for the first time, he was making me laugh hysterically... Q and I were talking, but we discovered that we were more on a brother/sister level than anything else. Ronnie stole Q's phone one day and saw a picture of me and asked Q if he could have my number. Q told me he'd told Ronnie all about me and that he wanted my number, so I told him he could give it to him.

So Ronnie started calling and texting all the time. Before I knew it, we were talking for hours every night. After a month, he asked me to be his girlfriend. 2 weeks later, he told me he loved me. and 6 weeks after that, he started talking marriage. We knew he was deploying, so he didn't propose right then, he just said that he knew that's what he wanted.

...Fast Forward...

He's asked me to marry him 3 times, in 3 different ways.

Technically, we've been engaged since February. He was deployed, and he walked 2 miles to use the phone to call me and ask me to marry him. He said it couldn't wait, and that he knew it was unofficial, but he had to hear me say yes.

In August, he sent me the ring with a teddy bear and a note. When I called him, crying and saying 'yes' repeatedly, he said he wanted to do the traditional proposal thing, but he wanted me to have and wear the ring ASAP.

The 'official' engagement came when he surprised me during a family vacation back in August. My family and I went to Myrtle Beach, SC, which was 4 hours from where he was stationed at the time. He had mentioned coming to visit, but never really confirmed it... The second day of the vacation, while we were at the hotel, he called and said 'I'm here, downstairs by the elevators'. I ran my but all the way down 16 flights of stairs (because I thought the elevators would be too slow Very Happy ) and there he was! After meeting with my parents for a little bit, he told me he had planned the whole thing out with them and that I'd be going back to GA and spending the week with him!... Ok, now the good part... While driving back to GA, during a quiet moment, he put on the song 'Let's Get Married' by: Jagged Edge. He let it play for a little bit, then he turned it down, took my hand, and asked me to marry him in person. So of course I cried and said yes.

Like a Star @ heaven Sorry that was so long!
Rain

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-12-04

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/allaboutkiki

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on 5th December 2008, 4:38 am

awww i love that song.

and thats sooo cute the way he proposed !

so are you guys married or just engaged still?
Admin
popularity
popularity

Female
Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-11-29

View user profile http://militaryangels.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain on 5th December 2008, 3:33 pm

Still engaged... Waiting for his next leave so we can get married in GA
Rain